Update: The form is now working
However, this leaves the rest of the team with an issue – we need to fill Buzz’ sizeable shoes! Quite a few of you told us in our Reader Survey that you’d like to write for Ausdroid, and the time has come where we’d like to take you up on that offer.
What we’re offering:
- One maybe two positions as a writer with Ausdroid.
- A superior blogging platform where you can truly reach a huge audience.
- You’ll start as an author, and you’ll have the option to be involved in the podcast, advertising sales, attending media events and product launches.
- The positions are voluntary, and unpaid (the same is true of everyone else who blogs here).
- However, reasonable expenses will be reimbursed subject to prior approval.
- Sometimes we get nifty gadgets, or Ausdroid buys its writers toys or gifts to say thanks.
- Sometimes we have meetings or get-togethers in Sydney or Melbourne – we may fly you to these if you live outside these areas (all expenses paid).
What we need:
- You’ll need to be able to post five to six stories a week on average, including identifying news of interest to our readers, researching it and putting together posts. Expect to spend half an hour to forty five minutes on a good story.
- If you are a uni student, you are encouraged to apply. We (obviously) have a particular interest in journalism or technology related subject areas.
- You’ll need to have access to your own computer, internet connection, etc – unfortunately we can’t provide this.
- Podcasts are recorded fortnightly on a Wednesday night – if you want to participate, you’ll need to be available at this time.
- You’ll need basic things, like good spelling and grammar, and the ability to write engaging, entertaining pieces from time to time.
- We have editorial guidelines which we expect you to adhere to. Failure to play by the rules may mean we no longer need your services (but they are very easy to comply with).
How to apply:
- Decide whether you are interested in what we’re offering, and whether you can offer what we need.
- Fill our the application form here.
- If you meet our criteria, and your application is strong, we’ll shortlist you for an interview, which might be by email or a quick phone call.
- Successful applicants will be contacted and invited to join us!