It’s official, the ASUS Transformer Prime will be launching here in Australia in the New Year, more specifically a release date in January. Price is yet to be confirmed by ASUS however we’ve heard something around the $700 mark. The Transformer Prime is the first Android device to launch with NVIDIA’s new Quad-Core (or Penta-Core) Tegra 3 SoC. Other specification for the beast include..
- 10.1-inch SuperIPS + display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.3GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 Processor with 12-core GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- microHDMI port
- 8MP F2.4 rear shooter with continuous flash for video recording, 1.2MP front camera
- 8.33mm thin
- 586g (1.29 lbs.)
- 12 hour battery life playing 720p video, 18 hours with keyboard dock
- Metallic spun finish
- Android 3.2 – will be updated to Android 4.0 as soon as possible after release
Given the release date, it’s possible that the Transformer Prime might launch with Ice Cream Sandwich, however, we don’t see the likelihood. Move out of the way Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, there’s a (harder,) faster, stronger, better tablet coming to town.
Hi tweeps, received much love for the Transformer Prime! In stores in Jan 2012. Price is still TBC. More information when it’s confirmed
— ASUS (Australia) (@ASUSAU) December 14, 2011