Why wait till tomorrow? After announcing a surprise would be coming tomorrow, HTC has announced the HTC One Mini in London. The phone as you can see from the pictures below, the phone is as rumoured, essentially a miniaturised version of the HTC one.
Hardware wise, the One Mini comes with a 4.3″ screen in the same aluminium unibody design as its bigger brother. The internal specs however have been miniaturised as well, the CPU, RAM, on-board storage have all been downgraded or reduced, however big features such as Boomsound and the Ultra-Pixel camera from the HTC One has been retained. No NFC is onboard but that isn’t too much to worry about but the HTC One mini also misses out on Optical Image Stabilisation for the camera and the IR blaster is also missing.
HTC One Mini Specs:
- 4.3″ 1,280 x 720 (341 ppi) S-LCD3 Screen
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with Adreno305
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 16GB On-Board Storage
- 4MP Rear Camera with BSI, f/2.0, 1/3” sensor size, 2µm pixel size – 1.6MP BSI Front-Facing Camera
- Dual-band, 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.0 with aptX
- MHL, DLNA, BoomSound
- EMEA: 800/1800/2600 MHz
- Asia: 900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
- UMTS / HSPA+:
- EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSDPA up to 42Mbps
- Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSDPA up to 42 Mbps
- GSM / GPRS / EDGE: All models: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Android 4.2, Sense 5 UI
- 1,800mAh Li-Polymer (non-removable)
- 132×63.2×9.25mm @ 122grams
In terms of looks, the HTC One Mini will be a choice of Glacial Silver and Stealth Black.
With HTC’s proprietary Sense skin overlaid atop Android 4.2, all the big features from the HTC One, at least software wise are still present – The camera still takes HTC Zoes and the Blinkfeed widget is still present on the Home Screen.
The HTC One mini will be available in select markets from August and rolled out globally from September. We’ve asked HTC Australia for comment on the availability of the HTC One Mini and we’ll let you know any details as soon as they’re announced.
The Verge have done a hands-on with the HTC One Mini, check it out :