The other day I was flicking through the Dick Smith website (as an addicted web window geek shopper) and I was surprised to find that the Optimus L7 II and Optimus L2 II on their website on Optus Pre-Paid, albeit not available at this time.
Now whilst both devices aren’t top notch high end specs, they do bring some nice specs for a low end market. To re-fresh your memory, here are the specs for both devices
- 2,460mAH capacity battery
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA
- Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon
- Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU
- Adreno 203 GPU
- 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels rear camera, LED flash, VGA front facing camera
- 4 GB, 768 MB RAM expandable to 32GB via Micro SD card
- IPS LCD screen bringing 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density)
- advanced QuickMemo
LG Optimus L2 II
The L2 II is a follow up device from last years successful L2 dual sim phone. Some of the features its packing are:
- PS LCD Screen with a 240 x 320 pixels, 3.2 inches (~125 ppi pixel density)
- 4 GB (1.6 GB user available), 512 MB RAM expandable to 32GB via Micro SD Card
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels rear facing camera, VGA front facing
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Adreno 200 GPU
- 1 GHz CPU
- Qualcomm MSM7225A Snapdragon
- Li-Po 1540 mAh battery
- QuickMemo features
So investigating I went and tweeted Dick Smith to find out what was happening with the availability of both devices and was greeted with the following:
Having a look back over at the Dick Smith website, it would seem the L7 II is in stock whilst the L2 II is still not available.
The LG Optimus L7 II is available for $229 on Optus Pre-Paid. It should also be available late July from Allphones as well (although not sure unlocked or locked to a network provider such as Optus), whilst the L2 II will be available next week for $109 on the Optus Pre-Paid.
Does the L2 II or L7 II price tempting you to go out and buy one?