During last nights Chrome and Android event, Sundar Pichai announced that Google have now hit the 70 Million tablet activation mark. This is a pretty impressive stat and Google have also stated that more than 1 in 2 tablets is Android based.
To go along with this announcement Google had a few other pieces of information to share with us.
- Over 50 billion app downloads, up from 20 billion last year
- Revenue per user up 2.5x over last year
- 1 million apps in Google Play
- revenue increased by 2.5X for devs in last 12 months
- Nexus 7 is over 10% of Android tablets
- in Japan during ‘the holidays’ 45% of Android tablets in Japan were Nexus 7