Telstra owners of the HTC One, get excited the long awaited Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One is set to go live for your handsets tomorrow.
According to an update added to the Telstra Crowd Support message board this morning from Craig :
HTC have informed us of a slight delay in the deployment of this update. It is now expected to begin deploying on Thursday 1 August. No specific time of day has been provided yet – when it is I will let you all know.
Updates to expect in the Android 4.2.2 update have been outlined in previous releases that have hit the HTC One in various other locations around the world, they include :
- Launcher Bar Enhancement
- Widget panel rearrangement
- New lock screen style and widget
- Enhanced home button behaviour
- home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable
- Show battery level in the status bar
- Quick settings panel:12 default settings by new touch gesture
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus on view finder screen
So far other carriers – Optus and Vodafone – have not released updates on when their update for the HTC One will arrive. The Vodafone Software update blog, lists the 4.2.2 update for the HTC One as ‘Testing complete, review underway’. Optus, lists the update for the HTC One on their software update status page as ‘4.2.2 – Approved; awaiting release from manufacturer’ with no mention of when it will be released.
If you do see the update on ANY of your HTC One handsets, please give us a shout.