After delaying the Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One to ensure that customers would not be charged for the data, Vodafone has advised that the update is now available.
The Vodafone Blog has updated to advise that the update will be preceded by a 1.5MB update which will then enable the larger Android 4.2.2 update to proceed. The update is staggered, so you will receive a notification to update OTA ‘at some point over the next few weeks’ but to check manually go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for Updates.
While no specifics have been listed by Vodafone, the Android 4.2.2 update contains a variety of features including :
- Launcher Bar Enhancement
- Widget panel rearrangement
- New lock screen style and widget
- Enhanced home button behaviour
- home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable
- Show battery level in the status bar
- Quick settings panel:12 default settings by new touch gesture
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus on view finder screen
It’s been a while coming but Vodafone is just ensuring that customers receive the best deal in not being charged for the data. Happily you should receive your notification to update soon.
Have you got your Android 4.2.2 Update on your Vodafone branded HTC One?