Australia Post has announced via their Twitter account, that their new Parcel Send App, which allows the user to Pay for postage and order a pick up, all from their mobile device is ready to download.
The Parcel Send App brings the following benefits to users:
- Process customer orders 24/7 on your mobile device
- Choose to have your parcels collected, starting at a flat rate of $5.50* for a next business day, off-peak pick up in selected locations between 10am – 3pm*
- Can be used for both domestic and international parcels
- Track your parcels on their journey
- Save your frequently used parcel sizes so you don’t have to enter the dimensions every time (Only available to registered Parcel Send users).
The downside however, if you have a rooted Android Device, is that there is a check which will disable the app when Root is discovered on the device as Chris found out:
We have approached Australia Post for comment on the existence of the Root check and will hopefully get some comment out of them at some stage.
You can download the App now from the Play Store either via the web or your mobile device. It’s a free 7.3MB download, which is available to devices running Android 2.3 and upwards.