If a hi-res Samsung Galaxy Note is what you’ve been waiting for then Samsung just answered you, announcing a successor to the now year old Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The new tablet which is differentiated from its predecessor by the (2014 edition) tag on the end of the name comes with a 2560×1500 resolution display which is more than enough to satisfy most Note fans.
The Note 10.1 (2014 edition) will come with many of the functions included with the Galaxy Note 3, like KNOX for protection against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacks performed on the device by a hacker with physical access to it.
There will also be updated Multi-Tasking and Multi-Window support. New functions to take advantage of the S Pen will also be included such as improved S Note Functionality as well as Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) Specs :
- 10.1-inch WQXGA (2560 X 1600) Super clear LCD
- 3G / WiFi: 1.9GHz Octa-core
- LTE: 2.3GHz Quad-core
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB Internal Memory with microSD (Up to 64GB)
- Rear: 8 Megapixel BSI sensor, Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, Zero Shutter lag Sub
- Front: 2 Megapixel BSI sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, AllShareCast, BT4.0, USB2.0, GPS ＋ GLONASS
- Ultra High Quality Audio ( ~ 192kHz, 24bit) support
- LTE CAT4 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600
- HSPA＋ 42Mbps 850/900/1900/2100, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 3G : HSPA＋ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100 , HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker
- S Pen
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geo-magnetic, RGB
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 243.1X171.4X7.9mm @ 535g (WiFi Version)
- 8,220mAh Li-ion Battery
The Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) will be available in Jet Black and Classic White, Samsung intend to start rolling out the tablet to the global market starting in Q3. We’ve contacted Samsung Australia for any comment on availability of the updated Note in Australia.
Last modified on 5 September 2013 5:42 am