The Sony Xperia Z1S has leaked, being photographed next to its larger brother, the Xperia Z1. You may be wondering why you haven’t heard of the Z1S before – that’s because it is the international version of the previously seen Z1F . The Z1F apparently is the Japanese only version, with the Z1S being the international model.
The Xperia Z1S is the mini version of the much admired Xperia Z1, but unlike other manufacturers mini versions, the Z1S packs all of the hardware of the powerful Z1, except the screen has shrunk to a 4.3″ display and the battery is smaller.
The specifications of the Xperia Z1S are:
- 4.3″ 1280×720 HD BRAVIA LCD
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SOC
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16GB On-board Storage
- 20.7MP Rear Camera with G Lens and 2.2MP Front-Facing Camera
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/N and AC (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
- IP58 Ingress protection – Protected against dust, limited ingress (no harmful deposit)/Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure
- 2300mAh Battery
- 127×65×9.4mm @ 140 Grams
It’s believed that the Z1S will be running Android 4.3 Jellybean, and a rumoured launch will happen before the end of November.
Are you looking forward this power packed phone in a small form? Do you have a Sony Xperia Z1? What do you think of it? Let us know in the comments!