Telstra and the City of Sydney council have launched an official Sydney New Years Eve app for Android and iOS devices.
The app is an update to the original 2012 version (that’s last year, for those of you counting), and offers much the same in terms of features. Of course, they’ve been refreshed for this year’s celebrations!
Some of the app’s features include:
- Share latest into on the celebrations via Telstra Timeline
- Telstra VIP Competition – Share content once registered to go into the draw to win VIP backstage passes
- Option to find hot spots via interactive maps to watch the fireworks at 9pm and Midnight
- Preload up to 50 free text message which Telstra will send on your behalf on the night
- Telstra Messages on the Bridge – create a message and post it to have it displayed up on the Harbour Bridge
If you had the 2012 version of the app installed already, it should automatically update. If not, you can a href=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.b2cloud.nye2012″>download it from Google Play.
Did you use the app in 2012? Would you download it again for 2013? Let us know in the comments!