Mobiscope have approached us at Ausdroid to call for beta testers of their new cloud based security monitoring service Mobiscope Cloud. The service allows you to connect to a DVR type service via any Android device, pause, rewind or replay recorded video direct to your Android device or via the web interface for up to 2 cameras while the service is still in beta.
- Automatic configuration of hundreds of popular network cameras in Android app. Any camera that supports RTSP protocol and H.264 video codec as well as older FTP upload-based cameras are supported in Mobiscope
- Live video viewing in Android app and in any web browser
- Motion detection with push notifications, triggered by their service support not necessary on your camera
- Cloud video storage limited to 72 hours while the service is in beta
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) in the app: start / pause / position seek
- Fullscreen viewing
- Graphical timeline with color-coded camera events
- Simultaneous access from several Android devices
- Demo cameras to see how Mobiscope works without adding own camera
It’s early stages and an adaption from the existing paid Mobiscope service, but it’s looking great in the early stages and if you’ve got a need to monitor a site for security on a budget it’s certainly worth a look.
To join the Beta community head over to Google+ and request permission to join the Mobiscope Cloud Beta Community where you can download the app (via Google Play access) and offer feedback on the functions of the app. Mobiscope are looking for some active beta testers to test their app, give lots of feedback and shape the direction that the service takes from here.
Have you got experience with remote viewing services for security cameras, let us know what worked and what didn’t