Asus has today announced that they have launched a new tablet in Australia which joins the existing MeMO Pad range – the MeMO Pad FHD 10 and the MeMO Pad HD 7 – although the new 8¨ tablet will not carry the HD monniker.
Designed as a comfortable to use tablet, the MeMO Pad 8 is quite slim at just under 1cm thick and weighing only 350grams. The 8¨ screen has a 1280×800 resolution and is backed up by a 1.6GHz Quad-Core CPU although which one is not clear beyond that it’s a Cortex A9.
With the slim, light design, the tablet is really looking like a pleasant multi-media device, which should be great when paired with the 16GB of on-board storage that’s enhanced with a microSDXC card slot and the ASUS SonicMaster Dual Speaker system.
While it won’t win awards for the cameras – and lets face it, if you’re using a tablet to take video or pictures, then something is terribly wrong – it will certainly take pictures, as well as 720P HD video when required.
MeMO Pad 8(ME180A-1A001A) Specifications
- 8 1280 x 800 LED-backlit IPS capacitive multi-touch display
- 1.6GHz Quad-core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with microSDXC card slot
- 5MP Rear Camera with 720p HD video recording and 1.2MP Front-Facing Camera
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Dual speakers with ASUS SonicMaster technology, microphone
- Micro-USB port and 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
- Accelerometer, e-compass, proximity
- 3950mAh lithium polymer Battery with up to 9 hours battery life
- 212.4×127.4×9.95mm @ 350g
If you think you need a cover for your new MeMO Pad, then Asus has your back, offering a TriCover case which can be used as a folding cover that props up the tablet for either typing or watching videos. It’s available in Pink, White and Black on the Asus Accessory store for $49+ Shipping.