Most of you would by now have heard about Google’s Project Ara, the modular smartphone project that Google acquired as part of the Motorola purchase. Well the project is continuing to move forward with a series of developer conferences in 2014 as previously reported and now they have advertised a couple of positions, a Developer Liaison and a Summer Intern.
The Developer Liaison position will involve working with prospective developers to create new modules for Project Ara while the Summer Intern position will assist with Alpha and Beta testing on both Hardware and Software.
The skill set listed on the advertisement for the Developer Liaison position are as follows:
- 3-5 years experience working with electronics hardware or other hands on technical projects.
- Programming experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for open hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly-unstructured environment.
- Excellent ability to convey complex technical topics in a professional, concise and accessible manner through written and other media.
- Outgoing personality, patient demeanor, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.