While we were advised back in February, that the Chromebase was coming in April, the machine is now showing up at a few resellers across Australia. The price though is a little higher than the estimated $599 RRP that LG gave the unit back in February.
The Chromebase is now live on the LG Australia website, with instructions to contact LG for pricing. None of the larger big-box retailers are carrying the Chromebase, and prices at resellers across Australia begin at $699, but range up to almost $780 for the all-in-one machine. There are a number of stores with the Chromebase on their catalogue, though none seem to actually have the device in stock.
The LG Chromebase (LG22CV241) all-in-one specs include:
- 21.5-inch Full HD (1920 by 1080) IPS display
- Intel Celeron processor
- 2GB of memory
- 16GB of integrated SSD storage
- 1.3 megapixel webcam
- Microphone for video calling
- Twin 5W speakers
- LAN Ports
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
So, for the itchy shopper out there, who has to have it right now, that’s the ‘good’ news. But, if you’re willing to wait, you can save an absolute bucket load of money by shipping the unit directly from Amazon in the US. Amazon is currently selling the LG Chromebase for US$329.99 (AUD$364.87) and even with shipping charges, it works out to be a huge saving. There’s three shipping options available :
- AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping (averages 9-12 days) AUD 53.62 – Total Price: AUD $418.49
- AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (averages 7-11 business days)AUD $71.91 – Total Price: AUD $436.78
- AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping (averages 2-5 days) AUD $129.52 – Total Price: AUD $494.39
We’ve been advised by LG that we’re in line to receive a Chromebase for review and we look forward to checking it out. In the meantime, that Amazon deal is looking quite decent.