Getting around is fairly simple in most capital cities. With Google Maps incorporating Transit directions directly into the app, you’re rarely in need of a third party to help you out…unless, of course you’re in Melbourne where the transit API doesn’t currently allow for Public transport schedules to appear in Google Maps – enter Go – Melbourne Train Timetable.
The app by local developers Glass Echidna is a beautiful way to see either get to work on-time in Melbourne, get around the city or see the sights if you’re visiting the home of the largest Greek population outside of Athens.
The app looks great and contains quite a few features. You will of course need an internet connection to get updated timetables or new trips but apart from that, this is a great looking, functional app. Feature wise, you can expect :
- The latest departure and arrival times
- Swipe up to see a more detailed timetable
- Once you’ve added your trips the app functions without an Internet connection
- When you open the app your GPS location sets your closest saved route
- Background colour changes based upon the time remaining until the next departure
Go – Melbourne Train Timetable is free – but includes In-App Purchases, it’s nothing untoward, you can save one trip in Go, before you’re prompted to purchase the full version for $2.49. It’s a small price to pay for a functional app which works really nicely and hey, support your local developers. Check it out now on Google Play.