Z Launcher, the beta replacement launcher from recently split Nokia, has received a brand new update which brings a few changes to the popular Android launcher and adds two new devices to the beta program.
The update, which is only available to users who signed up for the limited beta testing, aims to fix a lot of issues folks were running into while putting it through its paces and is mostly based off of user feedback and suggestions.
The list of changes included in the update:
- Configure Favorites via drag-n-drop on your home screen – #2 requested feature on user forum.
- Hide apps, Uninstall apps via press-n-hold: A quick way to get rid of stuff you don’t want – #3 top requested feature on user forum.
- Better support on HTC One and Moto X – We continue to work on adding support for popular devices.
- Wi-Fi SSID incorporated into our algorithm – Aimed at improving the algorithm’s ability to recognize and promote apps used on specific networks.
- Data Insight – Explore how you use your phone, what apps and contacts you access and when. If people like this feature, we’ll develop it further, but for now we kept it simple.
- Bug fixes here and there – We’ve worked hard to make Z Launcher more reliable.
Beta testing has expanded to include Moto X and HTC One users, but as beta testing continues it’s likely that Nokia will add to the list of phones that are compatible with the launcher.
The company has also said on heir blog that they’re opening up more pre-beta signups. To join the Z Launcher beta you’ll need a Google Account sign-in. Originally capacity for the pre-beta filled up quick, however the company has stated that they have made it a priority to invite people who previously tried to join the trial. Nokia have also advised that if you signed up for the Z Launcher previouslyu (and were not able to start using the app), you will need to use the link on the Z Launcher home page to take part in the trial.
You can head over to the website to either sign up or if you already have, to get the update to the current launcher.
Have you taken part of the original Z Launcher beta trial and if so, have you received the update and what are your thoughts?