We’re a bit late to this one, but we only just received the update here yesterday, so please forgive us. Google Calendar has received an update this week, and it’s a bit of a significant one, so much so that Google actually took to publishing a changelog for it:
- See more events at a glance with 7-day week view and pinch-to-zoom [phones]
- Add Google Drive files to events. Drive will even check if everyone can open them.
- Control whether birthdays from Google+ are shown in settings. You’ll also see the same changes on the web next week.
- A new option to show week numbers in settings.
- Import .ics files sent to you in Gmail and other apps
We’ve grabbed some screenshots so you can see what these changes look like as well:
Having a 7-day view in Google’s calendar will certainly please a lot of people (myself included) who want to be able to see a little further ahead, and see a bit more detail in the one screen. That said, the 7-day view can make things a little busy — it’d probably suit larger phones more than smaller. Being able to turn off Google+ birthdays is great though; I honestly don’t care when most of my contacts birthdays are, and I doubt you do either.