Announced at Mobile World Congress this year, ZTE Australia are gearing up to release the Blade S6 AU Edition here in Australia this week.
The launch, has been some outed by ZTE themselves, who have placed up the specs for the phone up on their website. Though the surprise of the date has been spoiled somewhat, the specs of the ZTE Blade S6 have been known since February. The Blade S6 is a nice looking phone with some pretty decent specs to boot.
The specs include:
- 5″ HD (1280 x 720) IPS Display
- 1.5/1.0GHz Qualcomm Octa-core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage(11.6GB user accessible) with microSD Card up to 32GB
- 13MP Sony IMX214 rear camera, 5MP front facing camera
- Bluetooth v4.0, Dual Band (2.4/5.0GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, GPS
- Dual SIM enabled (nano SIM)
- Network Connectivity:
- 4G: 1800 MHz(Band 3), 2600 MHz(Band 7), 700 MHz(Band 28)
- 3G: 850 MHz, 2100 MHz
- 2G: 900, 1800 MHz
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
The Blade S6 will be a stock Android experience, with Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) available right out of the box, with no Mi interface that has appeared on other Blade S6 handsets around the world. This lessening of the ZTE skin means that there’s more user accessible memory available for users. There will be some apps pre-installed, but overall less and less apps also means home screens are clean and users are presented with a clean desktop experience.
Despite removing elements of the ZTE skin, there will still be gesture and motion control built into the handset.
At this stage, ZTE haven’t announced which carriers or retailers will be offering the Blade S6, or for how much. We’ll be keeping an eye out in the coming days for more information on the release.
Interested in the Blade S6? Check out the promo video below: