Motorola is about to launch their second generation Moto E with 4G in Australia, while we haven’t seen an announcement as yet, the signs are there, including retailers clearing out stock. The Good Guys have dropped the price on their White 1st generation Moto E to just $114.
The handset was launched in May last year, and while it’s time for a new model for those wanting 4G on their handset, there’s also a large portion of people who need a smartphone, but have no need for LTE. The 1st Gen Moto E is quite a decent handset and is still receiving software support from Motorola with updates to Lollipop inbound.
Hardware wise the Moto E includes :
- 4.3″ 540 x 960 qHD resolution display @ 256ppi with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB Onboard storage with microSD Card up to 32GB
- 5MP Fixed-focus Rear Camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- 2G – (850/900/1800/1900)
- 3G – (850/900/1900/2100)
- 1980mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.4 (with updates to Lollipop out of the box)
- 124.8×64.8×12.3mm @ 142grams