The lower-end handset is light on price but carries some delightful style flourishes, like the unique diamond-like mirrored surface on the rear of the phone, made by using individual cut-glass segments with different reflective angles and properties using an ultraviolet embossing technique to create the unique effect.
It’s powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor and has 2GB of RAM with 16GB of on-board storage (with a Micro SD slot) and an 8MP rear camera, making the $269 price tag fairly enticing.
The Oppo Mirror 5s will run ColorOS 2.1, which is based on Android 5.1 and comes with all the unique Oppo features.
- 5.0″ HD (1280 x 720 pixels), 294 PPI IPS 16 Million Colour display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410Quad-Core (MSM8916) with Adreno 306 GPU /li>
- 2GB RAM/li>
- 16 GB onboard storage with microSD card slot
- 8MP Rear Camera with f/2.2 aperture, flash and 5MP Front facing camera with f/2.4 aperture/li>
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/aGPS
- SIM Card Micro SIM, Nano SIM
- 2G/GSM: Band 2/3/5/8
- 3G/WCDMA: Band 1/2/5/8
- LTE: Band 1/3/5/7/8/28-a/28-b/TD-40
- ColorOS 2.1, based on Android 5.1
- 143.4 × 71.2 × 7.65mm @ 160 grams
- 2420 mAh Li-Po battery
The Mirror 5s is available from today in white (with the mirror finish on the back). Oppo’s site hasn’t been updated yet, but the phone is listed for sale at Dick Smith.
Will you pick up the affordable Mirror 5s? Tell us in the comments.