Announced at Mobile World Congress earlier this year, the Huawei Watch essentially stole the show as the best looking watch available on the show floor. Fast forward some nearly six months later and we’re still waiting. It appears though that the wait is almost over with online retailer Amazon listing the Huawei Watch for pre-order, with shipments beginning on September 2nd – the date of Huawei’s press conference at IFA in Berlin next week.
There are currently three options available for pre-order, though some outlets were reporting earlier that two more options, a stainless steel with leather strap model for US$349.99, as well as a complete Gold/Gold package was available for US$800 but both appear to have been removed. The three options currently available include:
- Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel link Band for US$349.99
- Black Stainless Steel with Black Stainless Steel band for US$449.99
- Gold Plated Stainless Steel with Brown Suture Leather Strap for US$699.99
And yes, the Huawei Watch is shipping to Australia. There’s three shipping methods available in your cart when you order:
- AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping – averages 9-12 business days – $7.98
- AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping – averages 7-11 business days – $11.98
- AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping – averages 2-5 business days – $35.98
The Huawei Watch is a very well designed device, with a 1.4″ 400×400 resolution Full Circle AMOLED display which includes scratch resistant sapphire glass on the display and a stainless steel body. The watch still has some questions unanswered regarding what’s under the hood, how waterproof it is and more, but as we head in to IFA next week, all should be revealed in due time.
We’ll be live at the Huawei event in Berlin where we hope to see the Huawei Watch up close and personal and hope to bring you more information on launch dates locally.