Telstra already offers a range of extras for their customers,but today they’ve upped the ante partnering up with Microsoft to offer 200GB of OneDrive storage for mobile and home bundle customers.
The offer is only able to be redeemed once per account for Mobile and Home Broadband customers, with the bonus offering 200GB of Microsoft OneDrive storage for 2 years. For new or existing customers, the OneDrive offer can be redeemed through your Telstra MyAccount or through the Telstra 24/7 mobile app.
Bonus offers appear to be the new battleground for mobile providers. All three Australian telcos jumped into the streaming video wars, each siding with one of the three new services, Telstra with their Foxtel provided Presto service, Vodafone with the Nine/Fairfax run Stan and Optus with the big gun – Netflix.
But there’s more on the table as all three have shown. Vodafone currently offers a choice of 12 months of Spotify Premium, Stan, or The Sydney Morning Herald/The Age website access for up to 12 months when you sign up to selected Red plans. Optus offers bonuses like access to the Cricket, as well as deals with AirBNB and coming next year, access to the Barclays Premier League.
Telstra has been offering Presto access, but also leverages their partnership with sporting exclusives through the NRL and AFL as well as offerings like the Apple Music bonus – this latest shot is a pretty decent one with the 200GB offer the largest offered by any mobile carrier in Australia.
Microsoft recently dropped the amount of OneDrive storage they were offering to customers, so if you liked the OneDrive service, then here’s a way to get some of your storage back – at least for 2 years. Why would you want to use OneDrive? Well, Telstra and Microsoft offer these reasons:
- Store your important documents and treasured memories in one place. In a world where we consume so much information and store so much data, Microsoft’s OneDrive provides the ability to conveniently keep digital files, photos and videos accessible in one place.
- Access the files you want from almost anywhere. If I’m at home or out and about, I can reach up into the cloud and pick out the photos and videos I want, on the device I choose.
- Select files to share with the people you want, within the cloud. Share photos with relatives overseas through a folder in your cloud; let them share in the joy of your Christmas selfies.
- Upload photos, videos, important documents from any compatible device. Store and share your files from your home computer, mobile or tablet. Microsoft OneDrive is compatible with most computer systems, tablets and mobiles including iOS, Android, PC and Mac.
- Free up space on your device, while having all your files at your fingertips, keeping space available to download apps and do more on your mobile device. Don’t weigh down your phone and tablet with videos of the kids end of year school concerts – free up storage to download lifestyle apps to keep you connected to your hobbies.
If you want to find out more about the offer, you can head over to the Telstra OneDrive offer site for more details, or just login to your Telstra MyAccount or your Telstra 24/7 App.