Alcatel hasn’t had any big launches this year, but after announcing new handsets at Mobile World Congress earlier this year that damn is about to break. First up, is the Alcatel A3XL which will be heading to Vodafone.
The Alcatel social media accounts have been spreading the word of the impending launch with posts on Twitter and Instagram saying the handset is heading to Vodafone soon. While they haven’t advised whether it’s going as a pre or post-paid handset, the handset would do very well in either.
— alcatel mobile AU (@alcatelmobileAU) May 1, 2017
With a 6″ HD display, the A3XL is powered by a Mediatek (MT8735B) SoC and comes with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage which is cushioned by a microSD card slot. An 8MP Rear camera and 5MP front camera with flash on both sides will let you take pics, and the handset is powered by a 3000mAh battery. It also comes with a Fingerprint sensor.
- 6″ HD (1280 X 720) resolution IPS FL display
- 1.1GHz Quad-Core MT8735B SoC
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB on-board storage (3.8GB end user) with microSD card up to 32GB
- 8MP Auto focus, Rear Camera with Flash and 4x Digital Zoom, HDR + 5MP Front-facing camera with Flash.
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dual SIM
- LTE B1/3/7/8/20/28a (for EU)
- Fingerprint Sensor, G-sensor, Proximity, Light sensor
- 3000mAh battery
- Android Nougat
- 165 X 82.5 X 7.9mm @ 159grams
With Nougat on board, and if Alcatel can bring this in at a sharpish price point, it’s not a bad looking device. We’ll be getting a hold of this one ASAP when Alcatel and Vodafone announce some more details.