The biggest events, announcements and conferences that affect mobile technology don’t happen in Australia; they happen in the US, in Asia, throughout Europe, and basically everywhere else.
Ausdroid is regularly invited to attend these events, or to travel interstate or overseas for “media famils” (in other words, trips so we can become more familiar with a company, its products, or something its working on).
In the interests of transparency, we’ll log these sponsored travels here, and you can check back at any time to see who travelled, where, and who facilitated that travel.
- Daniel travelled to Mobile World Congress, Barcelona as guest of HTC
- Daniel travelled to London, UK to attend Huawei P8 launch as guest of Huawei
- Chris travelled to Singapore to attend LG G4 launch as guest of LG
- Daniel travelled to San Francisco, USA to attend Google I/O (self funded)
- Daniel and Jason travelled to Berlin, Germany to attend IFA as guests of Sony Mobile
- Jason travelled to China (on the return trip from IFA) as guest of Oppo for a factory tour
- Chris travelled to San Francisco, USA for Huawei product announcements and Google Nexus launch (flights self funded, accommodation by Huawei)
- Jason travelled to Las Vegas, USA to attend CES 2016, as guest of Alcatel Australia
- Chris and Rachel travelled to Barcelona, Spain to attend Mobile World Congress 2016 and later Amsterdam, Netherlands to for media famils as guests of Huawei (Rachel’s airfares self funded)
- Scott attended a Holden Technology Focus event in Melbourne (no travel required)
- Chris travelled to Queensland’s Gold Coast for the launch of Metricon Smart Stadium as guest of Huawei
- Daniel travelled to Melbourne to attend Oppo R9 launch as guest of Oppo Australia
- Chris travels to Bali, Indonesia to attend Huawei South Pacific Conference as guest of Huawei
- Daniel travelled to San Francisco, USA to attend Google I/O with sponsorship from ZTE
- Daniel travelled to San Francisco, USA again, this time to attend Lenovo Techworld, as guest of Lenovo
- Duncan travelled to Sydney to attend Samsung’s local Note 7 launch, as guest of Samsung
- Duncan travelled to San Francisco, USA, to attend Google’s Pixel launch event, as guest of Google. Duncan travelled with a laptop provided by HP for the purposes of the trip
- Daniel travelled to Las Vegas, USA, to attend CES 2017, on a scholarship from the CTIA – The Wireless Association (with some own funds used)
- Duncan travelled to Sydney as guest of Qualcomm to attend a 5G network briefing, including overnight accommodation and entertainment.
- Duncan, Jason and Chris travelled to Barcelona, Spain, to attend Mobile World Congress 2017, with sponsorship from Alcatel, Huawei, Moto and Vodafone Australia.
Sponsorship and Commercial Arrangements
Ausdroid has commercial agreements with the following organisations:
- Google Asia Pacific, advertising solutions
- WhistleOut, mobile comparison website
- Gadgets 4 Geeks, mobile accessories store and operators of Ausdroid Shop
Ausdroid has specific sponsorship agreements with the following brands:
- ZTE Australia