How would you like to win a brand new Google Nexus 4?
Ausdroid has a brand-spanking-new Google Nexus 4 16GB to give away to one lucky winner. By the end of February, you (yes, you, the one reading this text on your screen, phone or tablet) could have in your hot little hands one of the most sought after (and hardest to get) mobiles of recent times.
So, how does one win this Nexus 4? Simple!
At the conclusion of the competition period, the Ausdroid Foundation will — completely at random — select a winning ticket, and the person whose name appears thereon will win the prize. Simple!
Of course, if you’d like more than one entry, you can have as many as you like. Want to donate $20? You’ll get 4 entries. $50? That’s 10 entries. If you’re feeling very generous, you can get 20 entries for $100. You can donate more than once, or just make one donation, or (of course, if you don’t want to be involved) you don’t have to be.
- Head over to the Ausdroid Foundation’s Donate Now page.
- Fill out your personal details — name, address, email and contact number
- Select a donation amount, and use your credit card (Visa or Mastercard) to complete the donation process.
- Shortly after donating you will receive your receipt (PDF) by email. You’ll need to keep the email receipt to validate your entry/s to the raffle, and as proof of your virtual raffle ticket/s.
Simple as that. Entries will open at 1.30pm today, and will run for two weeks. Please ensure you’ve read the terms and conditions below.
I don’t have a credit card — how can I donate and enter the competition?
Not to worry, we’ve got you covered. If you don’t have a credit / debit card, you can still make a donation to the Ausdroid Foundation using internet banking, or at any branch of the National Australia Bank:
Account name: Ausdroid Foundation BSB: 082-001 A/C: 151-865-634 Reference: Your name
Once you’ve done that, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, address, phone number and the date and amount of your donation, we’ll match it on our bank records and send you a receipt with confirmation of your entry!
What will the Ausdroid Foundation be doing with my donation?
Simple. The Foundation is known in legal terms as a necessitous circumstances fund. In English, this means that we can help people in financial distress (doesn’t matter how they got there — ill health, disability, natural disaster, house burnt down without insurance.. the list goes on). To be able to help people in financial distress, we have to have a means of alleviating that distress, and ordinarily, a necessitous circumstances fund does this by making grants to assist these people.
In order to make grants of money to help people in need, we need to have money to grant to them. Hence, the funds that the Ausdroid Foundation raises will be collected, invested, and held for the benefit of such eligible recipients as we identify. The Board of Trustees and its advisors will identify appropriate recipients through public processes and, where we can, we will assist.
Sounds neat.. are there other ways we can get involved?
Sure. The Ausdroid Foundation will be looking for businesses, groups and individuals to help us in an ongoing manner. Your business might like to sponsor the Foundation or partner with us. You might like to become a regular donor. Get in touch with us via the Foundation’s website if you think you can help out — we’d love to hear from you.
Nexus 4 Raffle -- Terms and ConditionsDefinitions
- Ausdroid means Ausdroid Inc (ABN 26 117 282 374), of PO Box 1567 Hornsby Westfield NSW 1635.
- Foundation means the Ausdroid Foundation (ABN 96 841 237 604), a registered charity and charitable fundraiser, licence CFN 22661.
- Competition Start Date means 1.30pm on Wednesday 6 February 2013.
- Competition End Date means 1.30pm on Wednesday 20 February 2013.
- Competition Period means the period from the Competition Start Date until the Competition End Date.
- Eligible Entrant means an Australian resident aged 14 years or over as at the Competition End Date.
- Eligible Entry means a ticket issued by Ausdroid Inc for each $5 donation made to the Ausdroid Foundation, together with the Entrant's name, address, phone number, and email address. An eligible entrant will receive from Ausdroid Inc one (1) eligible entry upon sighting proof of a $5 donation to the Ausdroid Foundation. For example, a donation of $7 will entitle the eligible entrant to receive from Ausdroid Inc one (1) eligible entry. A donation of $37 dollars will entitle the eligible entrant to receive seven (7) eligible entries, and so on. There is no maximum amount of eligible entries able to be obtained by an eligible entrant. Tickets issued have no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for cash etc.
- First Prize means a Google Nexus 4 mobile phone.
- First Prize Restrictions: The Google Nexus 4 mobile phone is supplied without a SIM card or mobile phone service -- this will be the winner's responsibility.
- Promoter means Ausdroid.
- Runner Up Prize is not available in this competition.
- Runner Up Prize Restrictions are not applicable.
- Runner Up Prizes means nil prizes of a Runner Up Prize.
- Winner Notification Date means the date on which winners of the competition, as drawn in accordance with the terms and conditions, will be notified. This date will be on or before 27 February 2013.
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- This competition is run as a raffle to benefit a non-profit charitable organisation -- the Ausdroid Foundation. Ausdroid Inc shall receive no financial benefit arising from this competition. Ausdroid Inc is an authorised fundraiser for the Ausdroid Foundation.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 14 years or over.
- Employees, officers, members or agents of Ausdroid or the Ausdroid Foundation (i.e. anyone who appears on the Ausdroid Members page) are not eligible to enter.
- Competition commences on the Competition Start Date and final entries close and must be received by the Competition End Date (that is, the competition runs for the Competition Period).
- Winners will be notified by Ausdroid by the Winner Notification Date. Winners' names may be published on Ausdroid's web site.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An entry is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, advisors and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in the determination of winners. The competition will be run as a raffle, and the winner will be selected from those eligible entries held by eligible entrants.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must have an Eligible Entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, address, email address or phone number) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect entrant details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid. It is each entrant's responsibility to inform the Promoter if their personal details change prior to the Winner Notification Date.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the corresponding email was sent.
- The one (1) entry selected, at random, by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will win the First Prize. The First Prize is subject to any specified First Prize Restrictions.
- Any further entries up to the number of Runner Up Prizes, as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will receive a Runner Up Prize. The Runner Up Prize is subject to any specified Runner Up Prize Restrictions.
- Prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone, and consent to the Promoter using their details for this purpose. Where a winning entrant does not reply to or otherwise respond to email or phone contact from the Promoter, the provisions of the following paragraph will apply.
- If for any reason whatsoever a prize winner does not redeem their prize or an element of their prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu. In any event, if the winner does not claim their prize within 14 days of the date upon which the Promoter first attempts to contact them, they will forfeit the prize and the Promoter will draw another eligible entry to be the winning entry. This process will continue either until the particular prize is claimed or valid entries are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
- If a prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law. Unless otherwise stipulated, no prize, is transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the promotion.
- Except for any statutory guarantee or warranty (express or implied) the exclusion of which from these conditions of entry would contravene any statute or cause any part of these conditions of entry to be void ("Non Excludable Condition"), the Promoter excludes from these conditions of entry all conditions, guarantees, warranties and terms, implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for any liability in relation to a Non Excludable Condition, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss or profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control): (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that sated in these conditions of entry ; (e) any tax implications; and/or (g) a prize or use of a prize. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any person under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law.
- Each entrant consents, if the entrant becomes a winner, to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in an media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), the Promoter and or products/services supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and provide any goods/services requested and may, for that purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers or a regulatory authority and for any purpose to which the entrant has previously consented, including but not limited to, future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.