Some of you may of heard of this, others may not have. It’s the Notion Ink© Adam & it will be headed to Australia on release.

The Adam has a Multi Touch 10.1″ TFT capacitive display in WSVGA (1024x600px) powered by none other than a Nvidia Tegra2 Dual-Core CPU. Now if that doesn’t get your heart pumping, all the specs can be found after the break.

Adam has a very innovative display which can turn off the backlight and virtually turn it into e-ink so you can use the display with no issues at all in sunlight. Quite a good idea if you ask me!

I’m hoping to get some hands on time with the Adam once it hits our shores. Specs after the break.

Official Specifications:

Dimensions: 158mm x 239mm x 19mm
CPU: Nvidia Tegra2 Dual-Core CPU (1GHz+)
Display: 10.1″ TFT Capacitive – Multi Touch – 1024×600 pixels
Storage: 16/32GB
WiFi: 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth: 2.1 A2DP
3G: HSDPA (Not sure on frequencies)
Screen: Scratch/Fingerprint/Glare Resistant
Webcam: 3.2MP (180 degree swivel)
Audio: Stereo Speakers, Mic, Mic Input, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
Input/Output: HDMI, 2x USB 2.0, MicroSD, SIM Card, DC Connector, Docking Port
Battery: 3 Cells – Over 140 hours of audio playback and 16 hours HD video playback
Keyboard/Mouse: Backside Track Pad (like the Motorola Backflip kinda), On Screen Keyboard

So how many of you would actually think about purchasing an Android Tablet, if you wouldn’t, what specs would the Tablet have to have to entice you??

Neha
    Neha

My Question is..is it capable to use office???

Roscoe Foye

Hello, I am a long time reader but first time commentator. Please keep writing.

Wade Manchel

In my view it is a little bit more introspective but it is still good. I enjoy it.

Car Subwoofers

I checked out some thing similar to your post at techcrunch… in any case, I feel car audio is generally misunderstood but has some fantastic quality manufacturers also. -Best, Arnita Hyers

Jonathon

Damnnn, that is tempting, i want that now.
    but i wish the Dell Streak would come to Australia, i hope it does, i love that.

I am a proud Dream owner, from the begginin ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jim
    Jim

I have a Archos 5 android 32gb which can be a little buggy sometimes but its well worth it when it plays 720p video (i’ve had lots of envious eyes on the aeroplane!)I can easily read an e-book or surf the net while listening to music while my wife watches her soaps or endless cooking programs!! I can also tether it with my HTC Hero when i’m not in a wifi hotspot! All that for what i think is a very reasonable $500. Dispite all that tho, i saw the specs for the notion ink when they were first released… Read more ยป

Gary W
    Gary W

Sure, I’m very interested in tablets with a general-purpose OS and a rich palette of app software (in the same galaxy as Debian). At the top of my list of specs is “freedom”, I’m NOT interested in prison gardens. Rather hang onto my Eee PC and be quite happy thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael Wheatland

I love the screen. I have been looking for an eink tablet that is more powerful than an ebook reader. This blows the nook away. It will be perfect to use as a video player on the TV in my bedroom (currently hooked up to a laptop occasionally).

I wonder if you can set it to monochrome under normal lighting conditions to make it easer to read books.

I will be looking seriously at this one.

leogaggl

Very much looking forward to some Android tablets landing down under. The availability of USB and other connectors alone make it far superior to intentionally crippled devices such as iPad.

Ability to access Android Market certainly will be critical to mass-adoption. But for the tinkerers you can always install Android apps from APK files as you can on phones.

I am keeping a list of iPad alternatives here: http://leo.gaggl.com/2010/04/ipad-alternatives/ – please feel free to add more.

Nghia
    Nghia

I would definitely get one of these the iPad is way too restrictive

Hoff
    Hoff

Niiiiiiice! Keep us updated!

Simon
    Simon

I’d buy it if it’s less than 250$. there’s no info about which android it’s using! i’m assuming 1.6 since the info is so well hidden!
    couldn’t find it on http://notionink.in/adamtechspecs.php

Simon
    Simon
    Reply to  Simon

well engadget has it priced anywhere between 300$ and 800$ http://goo.gl/aU3Z! i guess that means i’ll be waiting for another android tablet release to compare it with. then i can decide

leogaggl
    Reply to  Simon

Less than $250 AUD for a 10.1″ tablet does not seem very realistic to me – no matter what OS. There are some in the 5-7″ category in the pipeline for that price range.

dbareis
    dbareis

It will be interesting to see if it has access to market apps, I’m guessing it won’t, I’ll start looking at them when they do…

greviousmcg

The 1GHz processor, 10 inch screen and the camera makes it great. I want one! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wolfcat

Wow… now that is a device I’m tempted by.

Get me a car mount as well and I’d be in gps car heaven.

I love the swivel camera which means I could do driving videos as well like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwjbluNF3So

o.k…. bottom line how much…