So after a whole year of saying “We’ll never be getting a high end Android Device”, Virgin Mobile have decided to change their stance and offer the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 — and at quite a reasonable price. You can have 3 Months Free access!

There are no special features for Virgin on the phone, it’s just the basic X10. You can find all the plans after the break.

Thanks ChaosDave!

[Via: Virgin]

nobodyatwp

Just found HTC in the source code on the Virgin website… should we get excited.

Lucas
Reply to  Buzz Moody

Keywords? meta data?

nobodyatwp
Reply to  Buzz Moody

meta name=”keywords” content=”Sony Ericsson, LG, Motorola, Huawei, Apple, HTC, Virgin Mobile, Nokia, Samsung, GD”

nobodyatwp
Reply to  nobodyatwp
Nick
Nick

I realised Virgin weren’t going to stock an Android phone so I signed up for an iPhone contract about a year ago, sold the thing then bought a HTC Hero. Was able to break even AND get my android on! Hopefully they will decide to sell even more android phones on the future…

nobodyatwp

Yeh Kipela i’m in the same boat as you, waiting for virgin to catch up. Just hope they might stock HTC but seems that only VHA are getting them.

Kipela

I’ve been waiting and waiting for Virgin to stock an Android phone (don’t want to swap carriers), and as soon as I saw this on their site I ordered it! Just received it this morning and its a tidy looking phone.

I’ve seen Allphones reselling these at $60/mo for awhile but didnt want to spend that much, saw Virgin selling at $45/mo and immediately jumped on the phone. Look forward to seeing how my Android experience is going to be.

RightWingman
RightWingman

BTW when did Virgin say they would not range high end Android? Have they said anything else about the future of their range?

Lucas
Reply to  Buzz Moody

Virgin have been making a huge push for data add-ons with their contracts. Offering incentives for customers like the “3 months free 1GB” deal and also for retailers to educate customers on the advantages of data.

Lucas

Yeah Allphones have had it for a while now with Virgin, using Optus stock.

nobodyatwp

yeh been on and off for a few weeks, now they actually have it.

RightWingman
RightWingman

They have had the X10 available for about 2 months… its been in their catalogue.