We’ve received word from multiple workers at Optus & Virgin saying that their stores have completely sold out of the Galaxy S, and Virgin actually have a backlog of over 200, I would imagine Optus would be around the same, if not more.

That now means that two of the best Android phones in Aus, the HTC Desire & Samsung Galaxy S, are becoming harder to come by.

Mike
Mike

O yeh, Optus and Virgin didn’t have eyes or anything off the ball. All these deals was advertised back in June (hence how I got mine in early July). Its like the iPAQ (another Optus launch even for a PDA) back in early 2000! supply and demand! 🙂

Mike
Mike

I feel for you guys 🙂 I’ve had my Galaxy S since july 2nd and had a sweet deal on the social 59$, They gave me free 3 months for first year of access and some other junk that I can’t remember above the normal 🙂 It was a 7 day only web deal that ended on July 4th 🙂 . Anyhoo, You guys will LOVE the device! Faster CPU/GPU then Desire (fastest phone currently in the world incl iphone 4)and Froyo(beta) has already been leaked out. Just hang in there a little longer guys! I promise it will be… Read more »

Joe
Joe

“Samsung Mobile is extending Exclusivity on its Galaxy S Smartphone through Optus for another month, until the end of August, following its succssful launch earlier this month.”

Joe
Joe

I just realised the iphone is now out. Is this why Optus and Virgin have their eyes off the ball? Too busy with that nonsense?

Sam
Sam
Reply to  Joe

No only Optus, it seems that Vodafone is busy with it as well!

Does anyone know when Vodafone will have the Galaxy S?

nobodyatwp

Virgin need to get off there asses and get some other options from HTC then they wouldn’t have to leave customers disappointed.

Joe
Joe

Someone on the whirlpool forums has just said;

“Just got off the phone from Virgin again and was told Aug 6 they can start shipping them out so we’re looking at 2nd week of Aug before we can get our hands on the Galaxy people!”

🙁

Joe
Joe

I hear Virgin have 250 on order now. I have been waiting since the 14th with Virgin…

atlugar

SAmoled screens are too sexy for their production schedule!

bone
bone

Same here…been waiting for more than 1 week already…no luck

ouch
ouch
Reply to  bone

I have been waiting for 3 weeks.

dan
dan

Ordered the phone on 21/07. haven’t received it yet. rang optus and been told out of stock. going for holiday soon, dont know how i am gonna get the phone before then.

Macca
Macca

Yaahooo got mine today (last one from Optus in Brissy) very nice phone indeed has some small config issues but got them cleared quickly. still trying to workout where the downloaded apps go tho 🙁

Simon
Simon

I’m definitely gonna buy this one when it’s back on the market.
I was just checking out cyanogen’s forum, and the Galaxy S has been successfully rooted, and they also managed to load a custom ROM on it. There’s also work being done on getting CM6.0.0RC1 to work on it.

Thats more than enough reasons for me to buy it 🙂 (dat way you’ll have the best android phone without their silly UI)

Cyanogen Galaxy S Forum Info: http://goo.gl/HA1J

Tarjei Kirkesaether

Spoke with Optus today & they expect to have stock late this week.

I hope so, coz I want to be shod of Hel$tra forever 🙂

james
james

Yeah I gotta say Alex that this is the wrong forum for discussion about the wave!

Alex
Alex

The shortage is really killing dealers. Optus really underestimated the success of this phone. Get the wave guys. I’ve used it and while it doesn’t run android it has push email for all email providers and looks cooler imho.

nobodyatwp

good news hopefully this means more android phones

LTP
LTP
Reply to  nobodyatwp

I think its not too bad now for the No of android phones in Aus.
Much better than it was at the start of the year.

nobodyatwp
Reply to  nobodyatwp

yep it has gotten better but still we could have MORE!!!!

Macca
Macca

Hi Buzz

Great reviews can you shine any light on future Samsung Galaxy additions like the Samsung Fascinate.

Cheers

Macca
Macca
Reply to  Buzz Moody

From the review I saw the Fascinate has an LED flash and an extra button on the bottom. Apart from that I’m still trying to get my hands on an upgrade through Optus (all sold out here in Brisbane) Also is there a way to remove all the unwanted icons to be able to leave just the ones you want that way it would save scrolling through 7 screens to find what you want in a hurry? I’d like to see third party products (like the ipod docks) so the Galaxy could be used for more than a hand held.… Read more »

james
james

That’s Incredible, people really do Desire these Android handsets so much that you have to search the Galaxy to find one. Lunch intended

Graham
Graham
Reply to  james

Your comment does Fascinate me; it’s sooo Vibrant! Look, if I Phone you…D’oh!