As you may (or may not) know, Samsung has created a few variations of the Galaxy S mainly for the US Carriers (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon), although if the news coming from Smarthouse is correct, we may see a different Galaxy S variation hitting Telstra when it announces the device in the near future. Our guess is that they may use the Samsung Captivate (see pic) which is used on AT&T and supports the NextG frequency of 850MHz 3G.

In addition to this, Smarthouse are reporting that Telstra are hoping to launch their Galaxy S with Android 2.2, which is expected to become available from Samsung during September. So if you’re after the Telstra Galaxy S, you might be in for a bit of a wait. We’ll keep you posted.

Source: Smarthouse.
DAngles
DAngles

hahaha, telstra are pathetic, still not out. Worst customer service out!

Andrew Oare

Hey I thought this was a very fascinating post thanks for writing it. You seem to be a very experienced blogger. I recently made a blog on different treatments for wealth secrets . Don’t be a stranger check out my blog tell me what you think? Thanks

kevin
kevin

i cant beleive the 3gs clone galaxy S even sold one unit. LOL

Lakrisi
Lakrisi
Reply to  kevin

Sounds like an iPhone fan. Yeah it’s looks like iPhone 3GS. But 10 times better than iPhone 3GS. And iPhone 3G or iPhone 4 still can’t make 3G video calls.. 😉

Harvz
Harvz

word is the Samsung Vibrant’s works on 850Hz also

Dafuzz
Dafuzz

I wouldn’t believe a word smart house publish, the owner and author of all of the websites and publications is a very well know liar and copyright artist so take what ever you read from there sites and mags with a very small grain of salt. They tend to copy every other major news outlet articles (feel free to reference any article they print/write) or simply make it up! telstra will make there own announcement soon re galaxy s.

Palmer
Palmer

Any word on whether VHA will be doing something similar?

Cheese
Cheese

I’d get my hopes up, but Telstra will probably price this prohibitively expensive or on a plan with eleventy billion dollars worth of calls and 1 bit of data

Nathan
Nathan

I’ve been hoping all along that Telstra would end up with the AT&T version – definitely prefer it to the iPhone-clone design of the optus version

AnthonyZ
AnthonyZ
Reply to  Nathan

Definitely agree 😀 I hope it comes with an LED flash though >.<

Harvz
Harvz
Reply to  AnthonyZ

i like the look but no front facing cam and the back cam is ment to be worse quality than the SGS