There were more than a handful of users that couldn’t get their Froyo update to work, even a (nearly) bricked device or two. We told Telstra & HTC about the problem, as did A LOT of you guys, which is brilliant, and now HTC doesn’t want you to suffer any longer, and you shouldn’t, so they’ve put together a list of things to do to help up the chances of your update going without a hitch, or a brick.
To assist our customers in downloading the Froyo update for the HTC Desire in Australia, below are some helpful tips. For any further assistance, customers should contact HTC Customer Care in Australia on 1300-482-482. An over-the-air update will be available soon for customers.
1. Follow the installation instructions that are available on the HTC Australia support web site
2. Before installing HTCSync remove any previous versions.
3. Remove any HTC drivers from Windows Device manager
4. Install the latest version of HTC Sync 3
5. Disable any Anti Virus s/w or firewalls.
6. Connect the device directly to the PC/Laptop and not via a USB hub
7. Reboot the computer.
8. If all fails try another computer
Hopefully these tips will help out the users who are currently too frustrated to bother with the update again. But as always, tell us how you go 🙂