Yep, that’s right, today is our first birthday! It’s been a year since I was a bored 16yo starting up a little site to keep a small group of friends up to date with Android stuff going on in Australia. Boy how things have changed since then. The first day I launched the site, a whole year ago, I managed to work up 42 page views, a whole 42. I was overly impressed at my efforts back then, now when we hit 10,000 a day I give Chris & Lucas a pat on the back. So I thought I’d give you some stats and facts of what has occurred in the past 12 months.
- We’ve had ~455,000 unique visitors
- Almost 2,000,000 pageviews
- We’ve gone through 4 different site designs
- Chris joined me in September last year and has pumped out heaps of reviews
- We’ve pissed off multiple Carriers (one more than the rest)
- I’ve met some wonderful people in the tech industry
- We have 1,500 Twitter followers and 850 Facebook likes
- Our most viewed post is the Samsung Galaxy S review
- Lucas joined us in early January and has written many great posts
- We founded Ausdroid Pty Ltd to make it possible for us to do more cool stuff in the future
- We started a Podcast
- We crashed at least 2 hosting servers & 1 VPS, though have now settled down with Linode
- We have hosted many great competitions with MobiCity, Gameloft, NDrive & Vodafone, with many more to come
We have many people to thank, but firstly I’d like to thank Chris & Lucas for being the 2 greatest guys to work with, and I hope they’ll stick around with me into the future. A quick thank you for Matty Booth and Geoff Fieldew whom take part in the podcast and keep me busy on Twitter. I’d also like to thank MobiCity, in particular Alistair, for their continued support not just with review units, but also advice in the early days and offering a site to post on whilst I crashed the server and lost all our data temporarily. Also on the thanking list are Mr Gadget (Arnold) and Neerav Bhatt who have been very supportive since the early days. There are many more that need thanking, but I don’t want to right a massive list, so I thank anyone who has been a part of the site. Last, but certainly not least, Chris, Lucas & myself really want to thank you guys, the readers. Without you this site wouldn’t exist in the capacity it does now, so thank you for being a great group of people to write for and to have a conversation with in the comments. Ausdroid Readers are by far the greatest individuals on the Internet. Let’s keep this party going for another year!