Fellow Aussie and Tech Lover, Trevor Long has posted a video that gives us a quick comparison of the upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1v from Vodafone against the iPad 2. Overall both Tablets can really hold their own, though the Android Market lacks the needed support for Tablet-friendly applications compared to the App Store on the iPad 2. Trevor makes note of how great the browser is on the Galaxy Tab 10.1v, saying how it is no different to browsing on your desktop computer thanks to full Flash 10.2 support and tabbed browsing. He also feels the Galaxy Tab 10.1v looses its battery juice faster than the iPad 2, which is a real shame. Feel free to start a massive Android Tab vs. iPad flame war in the comments. Oh yeah, and Vodafone, we’d love a 10.1v to review 😉

Source: Your Tech Life.
Jeniskunk
Jeniskunk
Reply to  Yianni soc

The real question is how many games on Android have an on-screen controls UI that would be worth trying to use a Fling on?
Fling for iPad unboxing – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DykdFvojLYU
Note how useful the Fling is with the OSC for the iOS FPS in the vid. Is there any Android games with a similar OSC?

Yianni soc
Reply to  Jeniskunk

I’ll gladly give a fling to the tablet reviewers on this site if i can have a play of it on one of their review tablets 😛
(am serious)

I think Fling should work with the android games – i don’t see why not. i suppose they jsut need more games. But i think games like gun bros etc would work.

Yianni soc
Reply to  Jeniskunk

(am serious)

Biancajames
Biancajames

I had no desire for a tablet until the 10.1 came out. Now I can see how amazing it can be, used properly, and I have a massive want for the Samsung now 🙂

Lopao Lopaolo

can I play java and facebook games on 10.1v

Buzz Moody
Reply to  Lopao Lopaolo

Java, no.

Facebook Flash Games, yes.

Grunger
Grunger

Ipad SUCKS!!!!!

There I’ve fired the first shot. 🙂

Benedict James

I think Trevor got the price bit wrong. He said the 10.1v was more expensive than the iPad 2 but he didn’t account for the 3G model since the 10.1v uses 3G as well. They’re practically the same price.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Tab 10.1v is growing on me. A fully functioning browser is, after all, the most awesome app that replaces many others.

Buzz Moody
Reply to  Anonymous

How could it not grow on you, the thing is a beast.

The browsing looks good, a bit jolty, but good.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Buzz Moody

I’m just trying to tone it down a little. Someone called me a Samsung fanboy the other day. That hurt.