Announced this morning, Samsung’s newest addition to the Galaxy smartphone line up, the Ace, will be available online and through Telstra’s retail stores, starting today. Available both outright and on a selection of plans. The 3.5″ LCD packing, 5MP shooting, handset will run in at about $528 outright or starting $0 upfront on Telstra $59 Freedom Connect Plan. The Galaxy Ace comes included with the normal suite of features, you’d come to expect from Samsung’s Galaxy range, including Navigon Navigation and Swype, all ruining atop Android 2.2 (FroYo). Hit the break for a full list of the Acer’s specs.

Source: Samsung Press Release.
Ronan
Ronan

If you but HTC Incredible S outright from Telechoice it is $569. With just $41 more you get a bigger screen, front facing camera, better processor and update to Gingerbread. That should be a better deal in my opinion.

Ronan
Ronan
Reply to  Ronan

I mean *buy

Telstra Guy
Telstra Guy

…We’ve been selling the Galaxy Ace for a few weeks now. :

[MuffinMan]
[MuffinMan]

$528 outright? Ludicrous pricing by telstra once more. But hey, we expected that. I was looking at this as a possible alternative to the huawei x5, which I’m thinking of getting. Reviews say that this one lags a bit, but the camera is brilliant. Sounds like it has strengths where the x5 is weak, and vice versa. Not a bad phone (although it does look like an iphone) but I don’t think it’s worth $228 more than an x5.

Ronan
Ronan
Reply to  [MuffinMan]

What about the HTC Incredible S?

[MuffinMan]
[MuffinMan]
Reply to  Ronan

I stand somewhat corrected. That’s a great outright price for the incredible s.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I’ve actually seen it in stores for a few weeks now. I had a play around with it, it’s a nice little handset and didn’t look very iPhoneish in person to me.

[MuffinMan]
[MuffinMan]
Reply to  Anonymous

Had a look as I passed the store today. It did seem a bit laggy, but then store demo models are never that snappy after everyone has fiddled with them. The camera seemed sweet – it couldn’t take shots (no sd card) but there didn’t seem to be much blur as I moved it around. Not a bad looking phone.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nathsgames
Nathsgames

Ruining Android 2.2, lol

maatsby
maatsby

does that look very much like an iphone 4 to anyone else? aren’t samsung already in hot water over their 10.1 tab looking too much like an ipad?

DylanX
DylanX

ahh. if its a telstra phone im sure its 850/2100 and not 900/2100. some Photoshop required