A couple of weeks ago we announced the Ausdroid 2011 Reader Survey. Without rehashing old material, we wanted to find out more about you – the people who read our site – so that we could provide a better service and run things better internally. We closed off the survey last night, and we were blown away at the response rate we achieved. In total, 632 readers submitted information for our survey, and we now have a mammoth amount of data to sort through.
We will be announcing the winners of the three $25 prizes soon. However, we wanted to share some interesting findings from the survey with you. Here are some highlights:
- Most of you are aged 25-34. This didn’t surprise us.
- Only 19 of you are female. This surprised us a little.
- Most of you are highly technologically literate – fast internet connections, high data use, and a variety of platforms used.
- Unsurprisingly, more than 80% of you have Android devices as your primary handsets. Well done!
- The things you want more of are news and reviews. We’ll do our best! We’ve brought on a new author, and possibly we’ll hire another one soon.
- Around 10% of you told us that you didn’t like our podcast all that much. We’ll look to make it tighter and more closely related to your interests.
We’ve learned a lot from this exercise and it’ll be a little while before we fully appreciate the data we’ve received, but from all of us here at Ausdroid HQ, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks. We’ll notify the prize-winners soon!