In our inbox this afternoon was the following news – Telstra Motorola XOOM customers will be able to do even more with their tablets when Telstra sends through the updates to the new Android™ Honeycomb 3.1 software. The update should be available to Telstra XOOM customers in July.
Here are some of the improvements and new features customers can expect from the new software:
- Full support for the final release of Adobe Flash Player 10.3, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web.
- Resizable widgets to enable further customisation of home screens.
- The MicroSD card reader activation enabling customers to play apps and media from MicroSD cards.
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras.
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers.
- A file manager app allowing you to easily navigate through your storage.
Telstra is running the update through test at the moment, so the update is likely only a few weeks away at most.