To celebrate the launch of the Xperia PLAY on Telstra and Optus, Sony Ericsson have let loose some of our favourite characters from various video games such as Assassin’s Creed, Madden NFL and of course Guitar Hero. The gaming characters are running wild on the streets of Sydney today and will make their way to freezing cold Melbourne tomorrow. So if you want to catch a look at Ezio, Slash or the American Footballer, be sure to head into Melbourne CBD tomorrow.

Adrian Mennie

Enzio is not asian…

Jay
Jay

I saw the Assassin Guy @Sydney darling harbor around 12.30-1.00

Anonymous
Anonymous

LOL, that’s so cool. Wish I was still working in the city to have a look but will definitely go check out the xp play at some stores.
Will it actually be in stores from today?

No games
No games

Not being a gamer I was fairly perplexed when I saw the guy in the amercian football outfit on the escalators at martin place this morning – he was carry a sony ericson briefcase and trying to get people to say hello – he didn’t get a lot (or any) people responding.

No games
No games

Brodie Daff

They should get Steve from Minecraft out there.

Susan Vriens

I feel sorry for Slash wearing that outfit in Melbourne!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Well, I’ll be in the city anyway so might as well check it out.

Anonymous
Anonymous

That’s neat. Although the advertising isn’t that big or widespread.
Still, a lot better than doing nothing.

I’m going to check with Optus today and see if they have the Play in yet..
Surely couldn’t be too much longer..

Deltronzero
Deltronzero
Reply to  Anonymous

Still no luck in any Optus store within the Adelaide CBD.  Did get a call from them this morning to say they are experiencing delays with stock, but no ETA at this point.  Luckily I managed to source one from a telechoice store in the burbs, which will be in the city store tomorrow.

Deltronzero
Deltronzero
Reply to  Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Deltronzero

Thanks mate. Will probably contact them, but yeah – not expecting anything here for a while. I should really just give it up and buy it online.