Australia has always been behind when it comes to tech launches and we’ve pretty much learnt to just deal with it. But if you look back at some of the Android devices launches in the previous 12 months, we’ve actually been pretty much on the same timeline as the UK and the USA.
- Back in September last year Vodafone snared the HTC Desire HD as exclusive as it was announced, then launched it the next month
- Sony Ericsson announced and launched the Xperia Play and Xperia Arc here in Australia around same time they did elsewhere in the world.
- LG released the Optimus 2X, Optimus 3D and Optimus Black here in Australia around the same time they did elsewhere in the world.
- HTC Launched the Sensation here on Telstra a month after their exclusive launch on T-Mobile in the USA.
- The Samsung Galaxy S II was released here after it was launched in the UK, but the USA still haven’t got it on their major carriers.
- The HTC ChaCha was launched here before it was launched as the HTC Status in the USA.
There’s certainly other devices that launched here before they were launched in other places around the world, but I thought it was time we give the Carriers and Manufacturers a little bit of credit where it was due. Let’s hope we can see more Android devices, high to low-end, launched here before or at the same time as other places around the world. We love it!