The Galaxy Note from Samsung was certainly one of the talking points to come out of IFA over in Berlin last week. I mean, how could it not be? That intense 5.3-inch 1280×800 display is certainly worth talking about, especially when it’s powered by a 1.4GHz Dual-Core (of unknown manufacturer) CPU that just clocked a Quadrant Benchmark score of 3,624 — my Galaxy S II pulls 3,205 at 1.2GHz.

This just shows how kick-ass this CPU and device is, because it has to pump out an extreme amount of CPU power to get those pixels going, so we’re not expecting much lag when we play with the device when it becomes available. On the subject of availability, there’s nothing at all announced officially yet, however, it’s rumoured to launch in Scandinavia by the end of the year with a RRP of ~$960AUD — a little extreme if you ask me.

I know there’s a lot of readers out there that have interest in the Galaxy Note, so my question to you is this: What price would be the sweet spot for you? $800? $700? Let me know in the comments. There’s a nice video of the Quadrant Benchmark taking place, after the break.

Source: Engadget.
NOZdroid
NOZdroid

found it in talking tom cat 2 advertisement

Anonymous
Anonymous

I’ll probably put my cap at 800buckaroos and hopefully get at least $400 for my SGS2 (fingers crossed).

vijay alapati
vijay alapati

An Odd Device with a Odd Price 🙁

Doongy
Doongy

There are so many different prices being thrown around regarding this product. I am in the market for a new phone so I would be willing to pay $750ish for this phone on release – the more I see it the more I want it so I will probably end up paying top dollar!! Im not sure what everyone thinks, but could it possibly be different versions of this phone? I am sure I have read on a couple of websites that it will be LTE compatible as well (maybe thats unofficial). So could they possibly release an LTE version… Read more »

Ozivillan
Ozivillan

take it easy samsung, any bigger and you know apple will come a knocking

Ozivillan
Ozivillan

take it easy samsung, any bigger and you know apple will come a knocking

NOZdroid
NOZdroid
Reply to  Ozivillan

Yeah i dont think size matters to apple now…they came knocking at that 7.7 inch…so unless apple hv a new smaller ipad…its still other infringements

AndroidGenus

This is my tablet really. A convergent device of sorts that should succeed as long as it it manageable in the hand.
But that price is tricky. It needs to be less than £550 in the UK to be an option as a regular phone replacement.

Tim Marshall

SAMOLED @ 1280 ? 1.4ghz x 2 ? this is worthy of the price. thats IF you are the target demographic and IF the target demographic actually exists , i.e. people who can fit it in their pocket,fit it in their hand comfortably and use the stylus productively.
in terms of components this is a good deal,Im skeptical about the concept itself..

Anonymous
Anonymous

Putting aside the fact that I’ve pretty much resigned myself to nexus phones only from here on out, I might be tempted on a couple of conditions. 1. Must feel manageable in the hand. Larger devices can sometimes be difficult to hold in one hand without the feeling that it’s about to make a fatal leap out of your palm. 2. There would have to be a useful implementation of the stylus, ie a custom input method utilizing accurate handwriting recognition (or a graffiti clone) as well as something that pushes it beyond the onscreen keyboard. One example I’d love… Read more »

Grunger
Grunger

Definitely under $700. Any more than that, you might as well fork out for a tablet.

Trusty Rusty of BrizVegas
Trusty Rusty of BrizVegas

Anywhere between $700 – $800 would be fare but I wouldn’t be surprised if its up around the $1000AUD mark based on the Galaxy S II pricing.

Nathan Spaull

Same price as every other new high end device, I’d say the hi-res samoled has somthing to-do with it

Buzz Moody
Reply to  Nathan Spaull

I agree, that SAMOLED screen will certainly bump up the price. I won’t be getting one, but $750-800 would seem somewhat acceptable.

Buzz Moody
Reply to  Nathan Spaull

Rus Syd
Rus Syd

960AUD! I’d say 800 is pushing it.

Anon Canberra