The Nexus Prime is an exciting topic; you guys love it, and we love it just as much here at Ausdroid. If you’re not up to date on the rumours swirling around on the internet about the upcoming Nexus device, this article should help you out. This is a list of the posts that have brought us all the information we have about the Nexus Prime — it’s interesting how things rumours change over time. Check it out after the break.
So let’s start from the beginning and work our way through:
- June 28th – First rumour that Samsung will make the next Nexus running Ice Cream Sandwich
- August 3rd – OMAP 4 to be CPU of choice for Ice Cream Sandwich therefore be in the Nexus Prime
- August 19th – First rumour of a release date to be October
- August 27th – Samsung send cease & desist letter to Dev whom claims to have Nexus Prime ROM
- August 28th – Samsung confirmed as manufacturer of Nexus Prime; screen res to be 800×480
- September 7th – GT-i9250 gets Bluetooth certified; rumoured to be model number of Nexus Prime
- September 7th – That same day, a GT-i9250 page appears briefly on Samsung’s website
- September 9th – The specs start to be speculated; 720p curved display, thin, made from unicorns
- September 20th – A random on Twitter writes a poem that states specs and a launch date; some of which has played out
- October 4th – A photo of part of the Nexus Prime leaks, shows a 1280×720 (320ppi) display
- October 5th – The official teasing begins as Samsung releases a teaser video and October 11 announcement
- October 6th – Samsung released updated video of the previous; tells us they’re “always ahead of the curve”
- October 7th – BGR and GSMArena post contradicting specs of the Nexus Prime
- October 7th – Nexus Prime gets caught on video, finally!
- October 7th – Screenshots from the Nexus Prime showing Ice Cream Sandwich leak
- October 8th – Samsung and Google postpone October 11 event
- October 8th – Nexus Prime hits the FCC showing off its wireless radio standards and its size
People thought it was coming -> People found out it was coming -> Samsung found out people knew it was coming -> People made up specs -> Samsung teased an event -> Someone teases people with Nexus Prime -> Samsung teases people with Nexus Prime -> People tease Samsung with leaked apps and screenshots from Nexus Prime -> Samsung postpones announcement event -> Samsung continues teasing.
That right there sums up what has happened so far. But keep strapped in, folks, there’s plenty more to come before the Nexus Prime even sees the light of day in any official form.