Those of you that follow:
Matt – @mcbooth
Daniel – @phroghollow
Buzz – @buzzmoody and
myself – @prymal81
on twitter would have seen a flurry of activity tonight on installation of CyanogenMod onto our Touchpads!
Some Engrish to English translations later Matt and I have it working!
First of all – watch the video that is embedded in this post. It really is that easy if you do the preparation work FIRST.
Some essential files to download: All available for download HERE
- novacom.exe (part of the WebOS SDK)
- gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (Google Apps)
You will need to download and install the WebOS SDK to your PC/Mac – HERE to get the Novacom file that is required.
The simplest step by step I can offer is below: NB I am assuming in this step by step guide that you have installed the WebOS SDK.
- Plug in your Touchpad to your PC – enable USB mode
- In the root directory of your Touchpad, create a directory called “cminstall”
- Transfer update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a1-fullofbugs.zip, gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip, update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip and moboot_0.3.3.zip to the new /cminstall directory on your Touchpad
- Restart the Touchpad, hold down the ‘volume up’ key as it is booting so a white USB symbol is displayed on the screen
- Extract the ACMEInstaller files to the same directory as you have installed the WebOS SDK into. For me this was C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the previously mentioned directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
- Type: “novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller"
- Hope you got it all right and nothing goes wrong!
If all goes well, you’ll be looking at the boot screen for CyanogenMod in about 4 minutes.
More will follow over the next few days as we learn more about the Alpha but for now, enjoy CM7 on your Touchpad!
Update(Daniel Here) : I actually ran through the above but forgot the ClockWorkMod zip, I basically just repeated the whole process but this time included the CWM zip file and it just copied over the top.
The other thing to come to light after this post went up is the addition of a fix for the Market as some people found that not all the apps were displaying. If you have that issue, best idea is to head over to rootzwiki to this link, it contains the files and step by step instructions. I`m loving this so far.