The guys over at ThisIsMyNext have just advised that Google and Samsung have officially announced the ‘Galaxy Nexus’ 45 mins ahead of the official announcement which we`ll all be able to see on the Android Developer Youtube channel. First the name is the Galaxy Nexus, no sign of the Nexus Prime or Galaxy Prime so love it or hate it we`re stuck with it.
Update : The phone will be available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally. We`ll let everyone know what Mobicity can do for us as soon as we can.
Update 2 : No MicroSD Card Slot so you have to make do with the 16 or 32Gb onboard storage, the 1.2GHz CPU is confirmed as a TI OMAP 4460 CPU, no info yet on the GPU. I`ll update when I can confirm.
Now to get down to business, the specifications :
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED screen which gives 315ppi
- 16GB or 32GB internal memory
- 5 megapixel Rear Camera with LED flash on the back – Samsung advise it will take 1080p Video at 30fps
- Rear camera will have “zero shutter lag” when taking stills
- 1.3 megapixel Front facing camera
- 1750mAh battery
- Bluetooth 3.0
- USB 2.0
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Light/Proximity sensors
- 135.5×67.94×8.94 @ 135g
Phandroid also posted this picture which gives us a look at the radios that will be supplied in the Galaxy Nexus :
LTE versions available dependant on region, but we have the full range of Australian frequencies supported : 850MHz, 900MHz and 2100MHz and it will be HSPA+ 21 Mbps.
We`re around 40 mins out from getting a good look at this new phone and getting the goods on Ice Cream Sandwich and also when we can get our hands on this little beauty. We`ll be posting stuff up as it happens so keep an eye out for updates.