Believe it or not there are people out there who don`t always want or need the latest and greatest phone(GASP!), but these same people do require a basic phone with smartphone capability that works & Android has offered handset manufacturers the ability to offer a consistent smartphone OS which covers high and low end phones, which brings us to the LG Optimus Spirit, which will launch as a Pre-Paid phone on the Telstra Network.
- 800 MHz processor using Qualcomm MSM7227T chipset
- 512MB RAM
- 3 mega-pixel camera
- 3.2” capacitive touch screen 320×480 @ 180ppi
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP/ Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 150 MB storage and Supports up to 32GB expandable memory MicroSDcard
- FM radio
- 113.5 x 59 x 12.1mm @ 122g
- 850/2100 Radio offering HSDPA 3.6 Mbps
- Powered by Android™ 2.3
- 1500mAh Battery
Available from Telstra for $149, the handset is locked to the Telstra network. Telstra have classed the Optimus Spirit as ‘Blue Tick’ certified which means it gives better coverage in regional and rural coverage areas than other non Blue Tick certified phones. They advised it has been available since November 1st from Telstra stores or from the website, currently with free delivery. Anyone going to pickup one of these bad boys as a christmas present?