According to the Google Nexus Twitter account, starting today, Ice Cream Sandwich will be pushed out to GSM variants of the Nexus S over the next month. In the tweet, Google has also kindly added a user guide to make the transition from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich a little easier.
Unfortunately, some carriers like to test these updates for an extended period of time, so hopefully this update will reach Vodafone Nexus S owners shortly. In the meantime there is also a manual install floating round, but I have no way to test this as my Nexus S is currently sitting in Canberra, 1000Kms away. Any guinea pigs out there tried out the manual install on their Nexus S?
Install instructions :
- Download the Zip and rename the file to Update.zip
- copy the update.zip file to the root of the SDCard partition of your Nexus S
- Turn your phone off, then turn it back on again by holding Volume Up and Power to boot into the bootloader
- Go to Recovery
- When a warning triangle appears, hold the power button and hit volume up
- Select ‘apply update from /sdcard’ and choose update.zip
- When the update has finished applying, select ‘reboot now’
Or better yet, has anyone received the OTA update yet?