Own a Samsung Nexus S and want to upgrade to Android 4.0.4 right now, without waiting for Vodafone? Well it’s your lucky day. The folks over at XDA and Android Central have found the link to the update going out to un-rooted GSM Nexus S so you can flash it now. if you have a rooted Nexus S, there’s a flashable CWM rooted .zip available at the XDA source link.
- Grab the OTA package here
- Rename it to update.zip. This isn't needed for the Nexus S bootloader, but it makes things easy, if that's how you prefer them.
- Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
- Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You'll see a menu.
- From the menu, select "apply update from /sdcard", and choose update.zip from the list.
- Let it do its thing and update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose "reboot system now"
You must be running Android 4.0.3 for this update to work, as it’s not a full ROM, only the needed files to bring you up to 4.0.4. Let us know how it goes!