Looking to root your brand new HTC One X that you just purchased from Optus, Telstra, Crazy John’s, Virgin or outright from somewhere? Well you’re in luck. Paul at MoDaCo has released a method to root your brand new device, and it’s fairly simple and straightforward. We’re going to tell you right now we take no responsibility for any problems that arise from you unlocking the full potential of your HTC One X.
- Download InsecureBootAndRoot r2 .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip to a directory on your computer
- Boot your One X into bootloader mode — volume down + power
- WINDOWS: double-click ‘install-secure-windows.bat’
- MAC: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-insecure-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-insecure-mac.sh’
- LINUX: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-insecure-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-insecure-linux.sh’
Your HTC One X will now be flashing the new boot image and then reboot. Make sure you keep the device attached to your computer via USB, and once it has rebooted, make sure USB debugging is enabled so that SuperSU files will install.
Well done, you’ve rooted your HTC One X.