iOS users saw an update to their Google+ application a couple of weeks ago and in the post that announced that update Vic Gundotra advised that ‘the Android update is coming in a few weeks (with a few extra surprises)’ so overnight we finally got to see the promised update. The new update is quite magazine like in its implementation, at least in my opinion, but I’m going to give it a while to get used to the new look, so what is new in this version :
- Visual refresh of the stream and improved navigation
- Initiate a Hangout from the main menu
- Support for ringing hangout notification
- Support for post editing
- Messenger suggestions for people you may know
- Download photos from posts or Messenger conversations
The ability to edit posts on the go is a good one and the initiate hangout feature is a good one considering how hard they have been pushing that functionality. Anyway, remember to add Ausdroid to your circles and check out the new update, if you haven’t installed it yet, grab it from the Play Store.