LG has launched another phone on their South Korean website although this time it appears to be sans IR port. The Optimus G will feature a Qualcomm APQ8064 Quad-Core S4 Pro CPU which has integrated LTE which is a great sign for data consumers with an eye on conserving battery life, the screen appears to have ‘fully integrated touch’ according to the website which could be an iteration on the rumoured super thin screen that the iPhone 5 is said to be including.
- Display: 4.7-inch True HD IPS + (1280 * 768) Display
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm APQ8064 CPU
- 13MP Rear Camera with 1.3MP Front Facing Camera
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with LG UX
- Battery capacity: 2,100 mAh
- Size: 131.9×68.9×8.45mm @ 145grams
I must admit, my first thought on looking at the picture supplied was of an iPhone, but if LG think they can win that battle then I guess that’s their game to play. The inclusion of the Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU is exciting although given the issues Qualcomm has had keeping up supply of the Dual-Core S4 I wonder if this may change prior to launch, although with LTE ramping up in Australia I’d love to see more phones using this chip. Well, what do you think?