The Sony Xperia Tipo is not a handset we’ve previously discussed on Ausdroid as far as I can see, but with the price it’s being offered for, we figured we’d best tell you about it right now.
Dick Smith are offering this handset for sale for the princely sum of $148. That’s right. For $148, you get a handset with the following features:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 3.2mp camera
- Compatible with 3G 850/1900, meaning it’ll work great on Telstra
- 800MHz CPU and 4gb on-board storage
- 3.2″ screen
- 1500 mAh battery
Not a stunner by any stretch of the imagination, but at that price, this is a bargain-basement entry to the Android world, and it’s running a relatively recent build of Android too. Not to mention perhaps one of the biggest drawcards – this handset is dual-SIM, allowing you to save costs by using the best value SIM for the task at hand. For example, you could chuck a work and a personal SIM in this handset and carry one phone instead of two.
Dick Smith describe the handset thus:
- It all begins with a dedicated set-up guide for a smooth introduction to your phone.
- Easily store all your content with on board 4GB internal memory and expandable storage with Micro SD.
- Instantly control your phone bill by switching SIM card and monitor your data usage with the pre-installed application.
- Large battery to stay connected throughout the day without missing a call.
- Pre-installed music unlimited application from the Sony Entertainment Network provides access to a choice of millions of tracks.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for easy content sharing and web access.