, and

Overnight, Google started rolling out Android 4.1.2 to the Nexus 7.

The big feature that has people talking is the long-overdue addition of a landscape mode to the launcher. Other than that there’s the usual “bugfixes and performance enhancements”. A full dump of the GIT change log has been made available by @alsutton.

Based on the photos surfacing around the Internet this morning, the landscape launcher has more in common with Nova’s landscape launcher mode than the layout seen thus far on larger 10-inch tablets (which is very much carried over from Honeycomb).

There’s no word yet on whether to expect this update for other Nexus-class devices (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Xoom) – the rollout has only just begun.

My Nexus 7 is yet to receive this update over-the-air. If you can’t wait and want to update manually, you can use Android Central’s update guide.

Have you received the Android 4.1.2 update on your Nexus 7 yet? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Source: Android CentralAndroid 4.1.2 Announcement.
Satwik Kamatmehbro

I GOT MY UPDATE AT 1AM THIS MORNING!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Whyrollout
Whyrollout

Still no update for me.. I thought Google was working on combating this?

Et
Et

Am I the only lone who still hasn’t received it?

Greg
Greg
Reply to  Et

Nope – I’m starting to think hitting “check for update” puts you at the back of the queue. My wife got it yesterday, but nothing on mine.

Satwik Kamatmehbro
Reply to  Greg

I’ve been pressing “check for updates” quite regularly for the last few days now, so I don’t think you have much to worry about. I received my update almost 6 hours ago now ๐Ÿ™‚ Hang in there buddy! Good things come to those who wait ๐Ÿ™‚

antzpantz
Reply to  Et

Mine was updated this morning over OTA.

GreviousMcG
GreviousMcG

Nuffink on mine OW bought sextay Nexus tablet as yet.

van casipong

manually updated mine to 4.1.2…can’t notice much of the changes except the landscape home screen. I guess most of the changes are internal.

Geoff Fieldew
Geoff Fieldew

This is ridiculously easy if you have a stock rooted ROM with a custom recovery. It’s simply a matter of flashing the update with Rom Manager. I’ve done mine and my wife’s. Only takes a few minutes.

Here’s the link to the update files direct from Google http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_nakasi/03a4eaf95f73.signed-nakasi-JZO54K-from-JRO03D.03a4eaf9.zip

If you’re running completely stock you can use this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlXQoAzrBE

If you’re a bit gun shy then just wait. It shouldn’t be too far away ๐Ÿ™‚

antzpantz

I don’t have it yet either. This was a pre-ordered 8GB one from Google Play.

mike d
mike d

No OTA update yet for Office works sourced 16gig Nexus 7 ๐Ÿ™

Onel
Onel

First go to your phone’s settings menu Once in the setting’s screen select Apps/ Once in Apps you will see three tabs across the top of the screen. Select the right most tab titled All Once in the All tab, scroll down until you find an app titled Google Services Framework. Click on that Once in Google Services Framework, click on the button titled Clear Data and then click on the button that says Force Stop. You will get a message saying that the app might not work properly if you do, just hit ok. Now go back to the… Read more ยป

Myles Harris
Reply to  Onel

Seems I have to wait. Tried the above now 6 times. Bugger.

James Pascoe
Reply to  Onel

4.0.4 – sounds legit

Greg
Greg

I hope they’ve fixed the rotation speed in the app drawer. Both Ultimate Rotation Control and Holo Launcher HD lag tremendously when switching between landscape and portrait modes in the app drawer.

Enough for me to ban landscape rotation even when its available.

Lachlan
Lachlan

It hasn’t arrived yet on a (Harvey-Norman) store bought one yet, either.